IT Support Professional
The IT Support Professional will support end-users in technical problems they may encounter in the operation of
software, hardware, operating systems, e-mail, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, tests, and maintains a variety of personal computing and network hardware and software
systems, with local area network and wide area network connections
- Performs diagnostic tests, modifies or repairs hardware to the board or component level
- Replaces hardware or software as needed
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine
where changes will need to be made in the future
- Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement
- Assists end-users in software and hardware problem resolution
- Logs service requests or incidents and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory response with
acceptable time frames for the company
- Establishes and maintains a parts inventory for computers, as well as other supplies and computer
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records
- Keeps up to date with current trends and is prepared to make recommendations
- Keeps customer log updated
- Produces support documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- A strong understanding of a wide variety of computing equipment and software
- Ability to follow manuals and read complicated instructions
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment including computers, printers, copiers, etc.
Credentials and experience
- Degree / Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Two to three years increasingly responsible experience in a IT support capacity in a user-oriented
- Strong experience in Windows 7, Windows 8.0 and Windows 8.1 support.
- Strong experience in managing Windows Server 2008, Active Director, Domain Controller, and Linux
- Strong experience in installation, setup, and managing VPN on Ubuntu server.